New SDCEP guidance launchedSeptember 15, 2015
New dental clinical guidance Management of Dental Patients Taking Anticoagulants or Antiplatelet Drugs was launched this week.
The guidance includes recommendations and advice to inform bleeding risk assessment and decision making for the treatment of patients prescribed anticoagulants or antiplatelet drugs. Information about the newer generation drugs as well as the more established medications is provided.
The guidance is aimed primarily at dentists, hygienists and therapists in primary care dental practice and will also be of relevance to the secondary care dental service, those involved in dental education and undergraduate trainees.
The new guidance comprises:
- The full Guidance document
- A summary Quick Reference Guide
- Supporting tools including patient information leaflets for each category of drug and post-treatment advice sheets
Forthcoming NES CPD events to support the publication of the new guidance include:
- A free NES CPD webinar covering the new guidance which will take place on Thursday 1st October 2015 at 7pm. Register via Portal (Course Code 037957)
- A whole day CPD symposium entitled Drug Therapies in General Dentistry – Clinical Conundrums which will take place at West Park Conference Centre in Dundee on Friday 13th November 2015. More details can be found on Portal (Course Code 036861)