Scottish Dental Clinical Effectiveness Programme
The Scottish Dental Clinical Effectiveness Programme (SDCEP) is an initiative of the National Dental Advisory Committee (NDAC) in partnership with NHS Education for Scotland (NES).
The primary aim of the programme is to support dental teams throughout Scotland by providing guidance developed by the profession for the profession on topics identified as priorities for dentistry in Scotland.
For more information see About SDCEP.
Decontamination Into Practice has been updated and a third part added. Resources available via the Decontamination page include:
- Introduction (updated 2014)
- Part 1: Cleaning of Dental Instruments (2nd Edition, 2014)
- Part 2: Sterilization of Dental Instruments (2011)
- Part 3: Managing Decontamination in Dental Practice (2014)
- Appendices and References (updated 2014)
The latest update to the Drug Prescribing for Dentistry (2nd edition) guidance was published in September 2014 and is available from the Drug Prescribing page.
- Conscious Sedation
- Dental Caries in Children
- Drug Prescribing (2nd Edition)
- Emergency Dental Care
- Management of Acute Dental Problems
- Oral Health Assessment and Review
- Oral Health Management of Patients Prescribed Bisphosphonates
- Practice Support Manual (10 topics)
- Prevention and Treatment of Periodontal Diseases in Primary Care