Scottish Dental Clinical Effectiveness Programme
The Scottish Dental Clinical Effectiveness Programme (SDCEP) is an initiative of the National Dental Advisory Committee (NDAC) in partnership with NHS Education for Scotland (NES).
The primary aim of the programme is to support dental teams throughout Scotland by providing guidance developed by the profession for the profession on topics identified as priorities for dentistry in Scotland.
For more information see About SDCEP.
Prevention and Treatment of Periodontal Diseases in Primary Care
Resources available via the Periodontal Management page include:
- Full Guidance - comprehensive background and evidence-based recommendations
- Guidance in Brief - a summary of the main recommendations from the full guidance
- Oral Hygiene TIPPS behaviour change strategy video
- Oral Hygiene TIPPS visual aid
- Information for patients
- Conscious Sedation
- Decontamination - Cleaning of Dental Instruments
- Decontamination - Sterilization of Dental Instruments
- Dental Caries in Children
- Drug Prescribing (Second Edition)
- Emergency Dental Care
- Management of Acute Dental Problems
- Oral Health Assessment and Review
- Oral Health Management of Patients Prescribed Bisphosphonates
- Practice Support Manual (10 topics)
- Prevention and Treatment of Periodontal Diseases in Primary Care